Capitol Hill Visits and Dinner
April 12 - 13, 2016
Philanthropy Ohio members and staff will fly to Washington this spring for Foundations on the Hill, our annual effort to help policy makers and staff understand the value of philanthropy and its key issues. Join this largest gathering of philanthropic voices in Washington and:
- Tell your impact story to key staff and policy makers;
- Talk about the issues you care about; and
- Build relationships with those who can change policy to benefit philanthropy and Ohio’s communities.
A veteran FOTH participant explains why she makes the trek to DC every year: "Our Hill Visits not only give us the opportunity to represent our respective organizations, but the thousands of donors and nonprofit constituents in our communities who are impacted by legislative issues -- that's powerful."
Tuesday, April 12
Foundations on the Hill session and lunch
Possible Supreme Court or Library of Congress Tours
Philanthropy Ohio Networking Dinner
Wednesday, April 13
Complete these steps to participate:
- Register for the Philanthropy Ohio dinner by emailing email@example.com.
- Register for the FOTH and reserve your hotel room at www.givingforum.org/foundations-hill
You register and pay separately for FOTH, sponsored by the Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers and Council on Foundations.
A room block has been secured at The Washington Hilton, located at 1919 Connecticut Avenue NW. The hotel is not within walking distance to the Hill so shuttles will be provided between the Washington Hilton and the Hill. More information will be provided on timing and location closer to the event.
Room Rate: $279/night plus local taxes and fees.
Hotel Registration Link: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/COF2016
The discounted room rate is guaranteed until March 17. However, please note that rooms may sell out before this date and we recommend making your reservation as soon as possible.
$100 for Foundations on the Hill, paid to the Forum of Regional Associations of Grantmakers.
The Philanthropy Ohio dinner is pay-your-own at a local restaurant.
- Letter to the Editor: Spending Deadlines on Donor-Advised Funds Would Be a Mistake- co-written by four community foundation presidents from four different regions in response to critics of donor advised funds who suggest requiring timed payouts.
- Nonprofit Advocacy Matters: February 22, 2016- latest issue of National Council of Nonprofit's policy newsletter with updates on federal issues including nonprofit university endowments and new supporting organization draft rules from the IRS.
Questions? Contact Claudia Herrold at 614.224.1344.