Title: Chief Communications & Public Policy Officer
Here’s what I can help you with:
- Research a question you have about best practices for managing your philanthropy
- Post a question to one of our electronic listservs
- Answer questions about our current legislative priorities
- Give you the latest information on Ohio’s charitable giving
- Provide sample documents needed to develop your policies
What’s the best part of your job?
Working with a great staff to help our members become more effective, connected funders.
When did you start work at Philanthropy Ohio?
I’ve been here since 1998, when we were called Donors Forum of Ohio, when my title was Director of Private & Family Foundations and External Relations. Before that, I wrote textbooks (everything from 4th Grade Ohio History to college business texts) and worked in communications at a countywide human services planning nonprofit.
I earned my bachelor’s degree from the George Washington University and my master’s degree from the University of Michigan (GO BLUE), both in political science.
What do you love about where you live?
The character of an older suburb that’s walkable, with green space and easy access to work.
Favorite brand or flavor of ice cream?
What do you do outside of work?
Enjoy my six grandchildren, knit, walk, read, play bridge and travel.