As funders with close ties to the people and places you support and serve, we encourage you to be mindful of the important role philanthropy plays in ensuring responses to the coronavirus epidemic align with our values, especially in light of racist and xenophobic attacks against Asians and Asian-Americans.
Do you want to help those impacted by COVID-19? Your local community foundation can help.
Newly Added Resources
- Byers Minton & Associates Daily DeWine Briefing (updated after each briefing)
- The Ohio Office of Small Business Relief resources
- The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation issued guidance on what’s covered and what’s not when you’re working from home.
- The Ohio Department of Health, COVID-19 Resources for Local Health Districts and Providers
- HPIO COVID-19 research updates
- For #MentalHealthMonday, OhioMHAS Director Lori Criss on Monday evenings at 6:30 p.m. will release a weekly video message on staying mentally healthy. Tune in live to Facebook or Twitter.
- Congressional Budget Office analysis shows that young black and Hispanic workers were more likely to have lost their jobs February – April due to COVID-19.
- New HPIO data brief explores Ohio COVID-19 disparities by race.
- Read the COVID-19 Minority Health Strike Force Interim Report, which includes recommendations to address the impact of COVID-19 on people of color.
- New research highlights disparity of economic, educational and social impact of COVID-19 based on race, gender and income.
- How U.S. Companies Can Support Employees of Color Through the Pandemic
- A letter from inside Marion Correctional Institution is the voice of those discarded during this pandemic.
- A Philanthropic Partnership for Black Communities shares that in times of crisis, funders must invest in black-led infrastructure: Black-led Movement Fund, BET + United Way COVID-19 Relief Fund, Movement for Black Lives COVID19 Mutual Aid Fund, Black Vision Fund PanLiquidity Program and MainStreet RISE COVID 19 Small Black-Owned Business Relief Program.
- Racial Equity in Times of Crisis: Let’s Interrupt History by IFF
- Philanthropy Ohio signed on to AAPIP’s letter encouraging action against racism targeting Asian Americans. Sign on.
- COVID-19: Using a Racial Justice Lens Now to Transform Our Future
- COVID-19 - Racial Equity & Social Justice Resources
- Philanthropy Ohio has signed on to the Ohio Sign-On Letter: Fight Against COVID-19 Racism.
- Coronavirus and Racial + Social Equity: Centering Justice During Times of Uncertainty and Four Things You Can Do Right Now
- Asian American Grant Makers Call on Philanthropy to End Violence and Bias on the Rise as Coronavirus Spreads
- Grantmakers Must Put Equity at the Forefront of the Coronavirus Response
- To support Native communities, First Nations has collected tools and resources to take action.
Policy and Operations Resources
- Return to Work Strategy (Cleveland Foundation)
- Philanthropy Ohio sent a
- Paycheck Protection Loans FAQs
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employer Leave Requirements
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Questions and Answers for Employers
- Clark Schaeffer Hackett summary of the federal economic stimulus bill, The CARES Act, which creates a temporary universal charitable deduction capped at $300.
- Read a breakdown of what The CARES Act (coronavirus stimulus package bill) means for philanthropy and our community.
- Read how Philanthropy Ohio members are providing support directly to individuals.
- Resources for family foundations
- Emergency Succession Planning in the time of coronavirus
- FSG: COVID-19 – Seven Things Philanthropy Can Do
- View and take the pledge Philanthropy’s Commitment During COVID-19
- The Disaster Philanthropy Playbook to guide the philanthropic community in responding to disasters.
- 6 Steps for Grant Makers to Take Now to Ensure Nonprofits Recover
- What We Have Learned from Crises and Can Use in Coronavirus Age
- April 15 Philanthropy Ohio Member Call - Coronovirus Update webinar recording (members only)
- April 6 Philanthropy Ohio Member Call - Coronovirus Update webinar recording (members only)
- March 18 Philanthropy Ohio Member Call – Coronavirus Update webinar recording (members only)
- March 27 Philanthropy Ohio Member Call – Coronavirus Update webinar recording (members only)
- COVID-19 Coronavirus: How Philanthropy Can Respond Center for Disaster Philanthropy webinar recording
- National Center for Family Philanthropy Family Philanthropy’s Response to COVID-19 webinar