The Business Intelligence (BI) Analyst works with clients to determine business requirements, priorities, define key performance indicators (KPI), and develop BI and data warehouse (DW) strategy. This includes working with business and development teams to design, and document dashboards, alerts, and reports. This individual is accountable for providing leadership and independent initiatives (low to medium size and complexity) in facilitating and coordinating information gathering, structured documentation and dissemination across the United Way of Greater Cincinnati (UWGC), vendors and other third-parties. They will conduct analyses of functional business processes and functional business requirements and participate in the development of business cases in the support of agency initiatives, process changes and/or Accountability & Technology Services (ATS) projects.
- Collaborates with internal and external customer and ATS partners to plan, design, develop and test BI solutions and analyze business intelligence needs.
- Provides input to business requirements, procedures and standards, for the design of solutions and the development of information quality metrics and data modeling.
- Designs agency-wide “views” and custom reports and performs analysis for a wide range of business problems and requests, using data in different formats and from various platforms.
- Reviews test plans and monitors testing process to ensure that business results are tested.
- Train and coach staff and agency partners in their use of Business Intelligence tools and data driving adoption of analytic best practices and self-service.
- Manage mission critical business applications with emphasis on data quality, serving as subject matter expert, training users, developing new features, and managing resolution of application issues.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Collaborate to develop and improve the Analytics Program. Cultivate relationships with data analytics experts in the community and among vendors, developing working relationships to improve UWGC’s Analytics Program.
- Develop and improve Business Intelligence capabilities. Understand business information needs and develop BI capabilities accordingly and consistent with the assigned area of responsibility.
- Analyze data to evaluate business impact, identify trends, and identify process gaps to inform decision-making. Methods include statistical analysis, qualitative analysis, needs assessments, gap analyses, feasibility studies, cost analysis, return on investment, and impact evaluation.
- Manage mission critical business applications to meet UWGC business needs and improve data quality. Assist users with application issues, and manage issues escalated to vendors to resolution and closure.
Highly self-motivated and directed; strong analytical and problem-solving abilities; absorbs new ideas and concepts quickly; effectively prioritizes and executes tasks in a high-pressure environment; conceptualizes solutions and carries through development to delivery and management of technical application issues; communication and presentation experience presenting ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly terms; works well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment; diversity and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree and two to five years of relevant experience, or three to seven years equivalent experience, preferably in Economics, Statistics, Informatics, Industrial Engineering / Operations Research, Quantitative Psychology or Sociology.
- Excellent analytical and reporting applications experience in SAS, SPSS, SQL, Excel, MS Access, Data Visualization, and MS-CRM.
- Proven analytic skills in analyzing and solving multi-dimensional problems, resulting in a successful track record of leveraging data and analytics to improve decision making.
- Innovation-oriented and eager learner with a proven history of proposing and developing new solutions. • Strong communications skills, including data visualization and effective presentation skills. Proven ability to sell ideas to others.
- Six Sigma or Lean experience is a plus.
- Occasional local travel to events within the regional area and nationally.
Applicants should apply by Friday, July 26, 2019 via the link: https://jobapply.page.link/hu6e
UWGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion