Avery Dennison (NYSE: AVY) is a global materials science company specializing in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of labeling and functional materials. The company’s products, which are used in nearly every major industry, include pressure-sensitive materials for labels and graphic applications; tapes and other bonding solutions for industrial, medical, and retail applications; tags, labels and embellishments for apparel; and radio frequency identification (RFID) solutions serving retail apparel and other markets. Headquartered in Glendale, California, the company employs more than 32,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Reported sales in 2020 were $7.0 billion. Learn more at www.averydennison.com.
The Avery Dennison Foundation is the philanthropic arm of the Avery Dennison Corporation, a global leader in labeling and packaging materials and solutions. The mission of the Avery Dennison Foundation is to support communities globally to address inequities through education access, environmental sustainability and secure livelihoods. Through our philanthropy and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), we envision a diverse, equitable, sustainable global community where people and the planet thrive.
Overview: Senior Specialist
The Avery Dennison Foundation and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) team is seeking a full-time Senior Specialist to support the team in effectively and efficiently reporting grants, donations and other initiatives to advance the company’s philanthropic and sustainability goals. Reporting to the Vice President of CSR, this role is responsible for supporting the overall work of the team in both administrative and communication areas. In addition to working with online systems and applications, the ideal candidate must have an understanding of or experience in the non-profit/NGO sector. As a key member of the team, this candidate will have the opportunity to shape the story of philanthropic programs across the enterprise. *Position will be physically located in an Avery Dennison US facility.
- Maintain and manage the necessary records, files, reports, databases and resource material pertinent to grants and donations using existing digital platforms (Google, Blackbaud, others) and including communication with potential and current grantees.
- Collect, research, analyze, compile and present data on the enterprise-wide, global philanthropic activities in a variety of formats (graphs, maps, charts, illustrations, tables, diagrams, flow charts, plain text) in order support existing and new philanthropic initiatives.
- Analyze information from programs, databases, communications, and external reports to produce recommendations to inform philanthropic decision-making.
- Perform analysis of existing processes and recommend solutions to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of our philanthropic efforts.
- Identify approaches and tools to collect metrics and impact data for internal and external reports.
- Assist in preparation of Board materials. Create and deliver presentations for senior leaders.
- Assist in continuous data integrity and clean-up projects, both scheduled and ad-hoc.
- Support with administrative duties.
Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Health or other related fields that compliment the key job responsibilities is desired.
- 5-6+ years of experience in related field
- Understanding of or experience in the non-profit/NGO sector
- Proficiency in the use of technology including Google products, Blackbaud GIFTS a plus.
- Experience with data systems and data management.
- Ability to operate effectively as a self-starter, yet also participate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Must have attention to detail
- Ability to handle a quick-paced environment
- Ability to handle multiple requests and prioritize effectively
- Acting as a team player
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Effective communication skills
- Problem-solving and resourcefulness
- Able to accept constructive feedback
- Humility and willingness to learn
- Creative thinking
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. EEOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If you require accommodations to view or apply for a job, alternative methods are available to submit an application. Please contact 440.534.6080 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss reasonable accommodations.