Lake Erie Foundation is seeking an experienced individual to join our organization as Director of Development. The Director of Development is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing all of Lake Erie Foundation’s fundraising including memberships, donations, major gifts, business partnerships, grant writing and special events. The Director works closely with The Managing Director and the Board of Directors in all development and fund-raising endeavors. This postion will begin as a part time position leading to full time.
- Must embrace the mission of the Lake Erie Foundation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
- Have knowledge and experience in fund raising techniques, particularly major gift fundraising for individuals and businesses.
- Have knowledge and experience building and retaining memberships.
- Understanding of donor/nonprofit relationships.
- Possess the skills to work with and motivate staff, board members and other volunteers.
- Have the desire to get out of the office and build external relationships with individuals and businesses.
- Be a “self-starter” and goal driven to initiate donor visits and fundraising and membership calls.
- Be organized and exhibit “follow through” on tasks and goals.
- Display a positive attitude, show concern for people and community, demonstrate presence, selfconfidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Fundraising software and tools expertise.
- 3 years minimum experience in professional fundraising and membership development.
- With input from the Board of Directors, create and execute a written development plan.
- Meet prospective donors and supporters on a continual basis to establish effective communications with them.
- Grow a major gifts program including identification, cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking including research, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build the planned giving program.
- Direct the membership and annual fund program, including email blasts, mailings, renewals and annual fundraising drives.
- Coordinate membership and fund raising special events.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Communicate with donors and staff via email, phone or social media.
- Answer donor and staff inquiries.
- Work closely with the Managing Director, and the Board of Directors.
- Make public appearances/accept speaking engagements to share information about the Lake Erie Foundation with the community.
- Staff Board Development Committee meetings.
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Oversee creation of publications to support fund raising activities.
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Demonstrate professional conduct at all times.
- Use prospect research tools and your donor database to build donor relationships.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
SALARY/BENEFITS: Competitive/commensurate with experience and other qualifications.
If you are interested in applying for this position, plesae submit your resume and cover letter via email: to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 17, 2021