Director of Development
Located in the organization’s Columbus office, the Director of Development (DOD) works closely with the Executive Director in the areas of resource development, public relations and marketing. The Director of Development must be able to think strategically and translate a comprehensive development plan into measurable goals and outcomes. Successful candidates must possess strong communication and fundraising skills, a steadfast work ethic, and the ability to travel statewide.
The broad responsibilities and duties of the DOD include:
- Cultivating and sustaining relationships with a wide variety of constituencies including current and potential donors, businesses and community partners.
- Giving leadership to Foundation’s special events.
- Working collaboratively with communication staff to appropriately position Foundation messages in organizational publications, website and social media.
- Overseeing the creation of collateral and reports focused on cultivating and stewarding donors.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record of fundraising success particularly by engaging a community of motivated supporters.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of experience in non-profit fundraising.
- Working knowledge of development best practices, fundraising tools, and technology, including donor databases, e-mail and online campaigns.
- Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and community members.
- Interest in and commitment to Ohio’s Farm and Food community.
About Farm Bureau Foundation
For over three decades Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation has been committed to driving community change, stimulating new ideas, and engaging audiences in a conversation around creating a strong farm and food community.
We know that it takes a collaborative approach to grow a vibrant farm and food community. That’s why we’re building unique partnerships by investing in local programs committed to addressing Ohio’s agricultural challenges. To date, more than $3 million has been granted to projects that focus on agricultural education, environment, and economic issues.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.