The Erie County Community Foundation
Posted: April 23, 2021
Reports to: Executive Director
Salary Range: $50,000 to $65,000 plus benefits
Responsible for all of the development and marketing activities at the Foundation. Specific duties include interacting with current and prospective donors, managing the Foundation’s communication, brand, events, and outreach efforts in coordination with the Executive Director.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive fund raising and marketing plan which includes printed material, direct mail, membership drive, special event, proposal writing, major gift, and planned giving components,
- Meets with and encourages current and prospective donors to establish funds in the Foundation as a way to achieve their charitable objectives,
- Oversees a marketing and communication plan that creates community awareness of the goals and objectives of the Foundation and enhances the Foundation’s visibility in the community (direct mail, written and electronic publications including website and social media),
- Conducts prospect research,
- Manages all donor files and record management including drafting Fund agreements,
- Works with other staff members in providing guidance to donors and fund holders in their grant making efforts,
- Develops and implements strategies that will raise the Foundation’s visibility with professional advisors,
- Coordinates donor-related events,
- Works with Board to establish current and long-range fundraising goals, strategies and policies and assists in orienting and actively engaging the Board in the annual development plan,
- Participates as the key staff person on the Marketing and Development Committee and coordinates all Marketing and Development Committee meetings and activities,
- Assists in the development of the Marketing and Development Committee budget,
- Represents Foundation with donors, the financial and legal communities, other foundations, non-profits, local government and the public in matters related to fundraising,
- Attends events and disseminates information to staff, Board and other volunteers as necessary,
- Encourages donors to make planned gifts,
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Has effective oral and written communication skills and extraordinary interpersonal skills. Possesses the ability to work effectively with a diverse population. Individuals with fundraising and/or planned giving experience are preferred. A working knowledge of Windows and Microsoft Office Suite applications is required. Excellent presentation skills required along with some knowledge of web design and social media strategy. Ability to work independently. Bachelor’s degree required. CFRE or other fundraising certification preferred. Job requires some travel and evening/weekend hours as needed.
To apply, submit cover letter, resume’, and two references to Elizabeth P. Maiden, Executive Director, email@example.com.