Located in the organization’s Columbus office, the Director of Donor Engagement and Giving works closely with the Executive Director to broaden the base of annual support and strengthening the major gift pipeline. The Director of Donor Engagement & Giving will work to create and execute short-and-long term plans to secure and steward annual gifts from Ohio Farm Bureau members, friends, volunteers, corporations, foundations and other entities in support of the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation. Successful candidates must possess strong communication and fundraising skills, a steadfast work ethic, and a high level of attention to detail.
The broad responsibilities and duties include:
- Create and execute an annual giving strategy for securing financial support from individuals to establish a large sustained base of annual donors.
- Oversee a strategy to grow the number of annual fund supporters each year by acquiring, retaining and upgrading donors.
- Develop and manage an integrated multi-channel (direct mail, email, and social media) marketing and fundraising strategy that includes both solicitation and stewardship communications.
- Develop recognition programs and special engagement opportunities that move donors to higher levels of giving
- Fully manage the planning and execution for all Foundation events that include personalized communications for our constituents/participants (i.e. invitation, thank you, and ways to stay connected)
- Responsible for annual scholarship program including, but not limited to, the recruitment and management of volunteer review committees, updating the online scholarship applications and website annually if applicable, and working with the Communications department to develop a targeted marketing approach to increase applicant pool.
- Enhance annual giving efforts by focusing on data analytics (predictive modeling, data mining) to improve segmentation and messaging to create a personal and positive experience for donors
- Benchmark and continually improve the impact and efficiencies of all annual giving programs and channels collectively, identifying points of weakness to address and points of strength to build upon.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record of fundraising success particularly by engaging a community of motivated supporters.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in non-profit fundraising.
- Working knowledge of development best practices, fundraising tools, and technology, including donor databases, e-mail and online campaigns.
- Experience developing and maintaining productive working relationships with board members, donors, and community members.
- Interest in and commitment to Ohio’s Farm and Food community.
About the Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation
The Ohio Farm Bureau Foundation is a 501(c) (3) charitable, nonprofit organization with a mission of inspiring innovation and cultivating investment in Ohio’s farm and food community. The foundation inspires and educates the next generation of farmers, ensuring the progress and prosperity of Ohio’s agriculture far into the future. We create pathways for young people to learn about the variety and viability of careers in agriculture. Through scholarships, programming, and grants, the foundation builds a growing workforce of farmers who are passionate and prepared to grow Ohio’s agricultural communities.