Position Title: Director, Programs & Learning
Reports to: Vice President, Programs & Learning
Background: Philanthropy Ohio is a statewide membership association that leads and equips Ohio philanthropy to be effective partners for change in our communities.
Working towards a vision of a just and vibrant Ohio through impactful philanthropy, our dedicated staff helps members achieve their charitable goals by advocating, educating, convening and collaborating – all with an equity lens.
Members are community and private foundations, corporate contributions programs, individuals, giving circles, government, federated funds including United Ways and other grantmaking organizations. Incorporated in 1984, Philanthropy Ohio is a 501(c) (3) organization headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, with a regional office (serving northern Ohio) located in Cleveland. Our 200+ member organizations have assets totaling nearly $64 billion and invest over $4 billion annually in addressing community needs.
The Director of Programs & Learning serves a key role in implementing educational programs and professional development services. This position is part of an entrepreneurial and collaborative team responsible for developing a comprehensive package of member programs each year that reflects and enhances Philanthropy Ohio’s strategic plan. The Director of Programs & Learning is self-directed, highly organized and solution-focused, with a passion for Philanthropy Ohio’s mission and a commitment to member service. This is a full-time exempt position based in the Columbus office with an understanding that remote work may be required in early 2022 and flexible arrangements will be established thereafter.
- Directing the creation and implementation of online learning curriculum within Adobe Captivate with input from a member group, volunteer committees and department staff.
- Planning, developing and implementing statewide topical programs and learning opportunities using varied strategies and technologies both in-person and virtually.
- Facilitate and host in-person and online learning and networking opportunities on a variety of philanthropic and professional development topics.
- Manage programs & learning webinar offerings from conceptualization to production.
- Manage and support affinity group engagement with members.
- Take a leadership role in implementing our annual conference and statewide one-day summits with the guidance of the Vice President, Programs & Learning.
- Collaborate with internal workgroups and teams to produce programming calendars, ongoing promotions and publications as needed.
- Iteratively identify and implement technological solutions to bring members together and augment attendee learning experiences.
Administrative and Leadership Responsibilities
- Participate in the Member Services and other committees as assigned.
- Participate in the development of the annual programs & learning work plan and budget.
- Manage reporting for all aspects of departmental deliverables and programs.
- Represent Philanthropy Ohio, and establish relationships with key leaders at member organizations, as assigned through Constituent Relationship Management (CRM).
- Assist in providing specialized responses to service and information requests from members.
The Director of Programs & Learning is a highly motivated person who possesses the following experience, skills and knowledge:
- Experience working in organizations that reflect one or more of Philanthropy Ohio’s membership categories (private or family foundation, corporate giving program, United Way, public grantmaking charity, community foundation or a professional organization serving the nonprofit community).
- Demonstrated skills and experience in conceptualizing and implementing virtual education and professional development programs and certifications, including webinars, self-directed online courses, micro-learning and video-based instructor-led training.
- Experience in harnessing the latest technology and online learning strategies to create best-in-class learning opportunities that reflect today’s operating environment and rooted in best practices for adult learning both in-person and virtually.
- Expertise in curriculum development and implementation.
- Experience with membership organizations and volunteer and team management.
- Strong customer service orientation and technologically competent.
- Familiarity with adaptive, personalized and custom learning approaches.
- Exceptional organizational, planning, administrative, interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Comfortability with discussing and leading in complex issue areas, including but not limited to racial equity, addressing power imbalances and systems change.
- Ability to balance role of being part of a team and working independently.
- Strong work ethic and ability/willingness to travel, primarily within Ohio.
- Four-year college degree in a related field.
Qualifications Common to all Positions at Philanthropy Ohio
- Commitment to our core values of Community, Courage, Voice, Integrity and Equity.
- Attention to creating an environment of “radical hospitality” with our members and one another.
- Attention to detail, ability to produce high-quality, timely work products.
- Communicate effectively in a variety of settings and styles.
- Work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Willingness to be flexible in working remotely and on-site.
- Use time and resources well and ability to manage multiple projects and shifting priorities.
- Approach responsibilities creatively and innovatively with the goal of continuous improvement.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Slack, Salesforce and project management tools.
The salary range for this position is $50,000 - $65,000. In addition, Philanthropy Ohio offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision insurance; 15 days paid vacation in first year; paid sick leave; retirement benefits; and a collegial work environment.
Applicants must send both a cover letter and resume no later than February 11, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Read more about us at www.philanthropyohio.org.
Philanthropy Ohio is an equal opportunity employer.There shall be no discrimination of persons on the basis of race, age, sex, marital status, disability, citizenship, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief with regard to hiring, assignment, promotion or other conditions of staff employment.