The new Healthy Lakewood Foundation, a 501 (c)(3) public charity, was created pursuant to the closing of Lakewood Hospital. The mission of Healthy Lakewood Foundation is to advance programs, policies, and practices that inspire a Lakewood community in which health and wellness are reflected in all aspects of life. The vision is a place where all people achieve their fullest health potential.
The Executive Assistant, reporting to the Board of Directors, supports the day-to-day operations of the Foundation and provides general administrative support as needed, including basic bookkeeping, event support, and general office support.
This is a part-time temporary position (10 hours per week) with an initial six-month contract. There is potential opportunity for renewal depending upon the needs of the Foundation and Board of Directors.
The Executive Assistant will be employed on a contract basis with a competitive hourly rate commensurate with their experience. HLF does not have an office or work space at this time and so the Assistant will be expected to work from their space, using their personal computer and phone equipment to conduct business. The Assistant can create a flexible work schedule with the approval of the Executive Committee. Attendance at monthly evening Board meetings is required.
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Healthy Lakewood Foundation.
- Respond to phone or email queries related to HLF and provide excellent customer service.
- Provide and prepare documents, reports, forms, and statistical reports for board members as requested.
- Maintain organizational files and documents.
- Maintain HLF’s check register and reconcile monthly; distribute checks according to directions.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of office supplies and equipment; order as requested.
- Provide filing, scanning, copying, fax services, and additional clerical support services.
- Provide support for Foundation and committee meetings, events, programs, and activities.
- Attend all HLF board meetings and take minutes.
- Manage incoming and outgoing mail as necessary.
- Provide additional services as requested.
Desired Experience and Qualifications
- 5 years related administrative experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and data entry required.
- Customer-service oriented.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent skills in telephone etiquette, communication, data entry, typing, grammar, filing, and organization.
- Intermediate technical skills.
- Discretion, tact, and some independent judgment required.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest to the attention of Kate Ingersoll, HLF Board Secretary via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All submissions are confidential.
Applications will be accepted until June 21, 2019. The Board would like to hire for this position by the end of July with a start date in August 2019.