Reports to: Board of Trustees
Job Status: Exempt
The Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center of Worthington (MAC), located in Worthington, Ohio is a dynamic community nonprofit arts center whose mission is to change lives and make memories through creative arts experiences. The 20,000 square-foot Center includes a 213- seat theatre, a dance studio, 4 art classroom spaces, a digital imaging studio, and an exhibition gallery. The organization serves more than 85,000 patrons annually. The MAC currently operates on a budget of $862,000 (65% from contributions; 35% earned revenue). Founded in 2009 through a partnership between Worthington Public Schools, the City of Worthington, and the nonprofit entity Worthington Arts Council, the MAC has created a vibrant and dynamic arts program of the highest quality that is enjoyed by patrons throughout the surrounding communities.
The Executive Director is responsible for the overall planning, general management, and effective administration of the organization. To lead the MAC into the future, the Executive Director will:
- Work with the Board of Trustees to establish and refine strategic, business, and organizational objectives and priorities, as well as ensure ongoing programmatic excellence and branding consistency.
- Devote significant time to and serve as an integral partner in fundraising efforts, leveraging expertise in securing and stewarding major and planned gifts.
- Oversee the daily operations of the facility and provide leadership to ensure that earned income is maximized and is in line with mission.
- Develop and execute the annual budget and oversee the implementation of strategies to ensure adequate support of all aspects of the operation and its operations.
- Attend numerous events, meetings, and functions throughout the region as the face of the MAC.
- Foster and expand effective, collaborative relationships between Board of Trustees and committee members, donors, and the surrounding community.
- Establish and maintain strong collaborative relationships with both new and existing partners, media, and community arts groups.
- Determine staffing and volunteer requirements of the organization. Supervise, manage, and motivate a full-time staff of six and provide training and mentoring to inspire excellence.
- Ensure the appropriate supervision of contract employees, vendors, and volunteers.
- Promote at all times open, honest, and transparent communications and conduct that is guided by integrity and ethics.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s degree preferred) plus relevant experience in arts management/administration.
- Clear understanding of and appreciation for the role of the MAC in the local and regional community with a commitment to its philosophy, mission, and objectives.
- Track record of successful fundraising, especially with major gifts.
- Past success with recruiting strong board members, working with a board of trustees, and the ability to cultivate board relationships.
- Strong marketing and communications skills with the ability to engage a wide range of constituencies and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational management with the ability to develop and maintain a high-performance team, set and achieve objectives, and manage a budget.
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups of people and community entities.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs and data-driven analytics.
- Passion, idealism, positive attitude, high energy, self-directed, team player.
Salary $75,000 - $85,000.
To apply for this exceptional opportunity email your cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com.
No phone calls please.