LOVEboldly Job Description: Executive Director
Do you care about LGBTQ+ people and the Church? Do you want to make a difference in the world with your everyday work? Want to be part of a collaborative, adaptable, growing team with an exciting vision?
LOVEboldly is a faith-based 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to empowering Christians to reconcile with LGBTQ+ friends, neighbors, and loved ones. We are seeking an organized multitasker with excellent relational skills to be a Part-Time Executive Director for our Columbus, Ohio-based organization. Lead our efforts to provide training events and programs, resources, and consulting services to allies, churches, and other faith-based organizations seeking to better care for LGBTQ+ individuals. This role is currently 25 hours per week, with potential to grow to a full-time role.
- Plan and execute fundraising events for the organization
- Build and grow donor base, raising funds for the activities of the organization
- Recruit, manage, and oversee staff, contractors, and volunteers in execution of programs and services
- Track progress of and evaluate program effectiveness, reporting outcomes to the board
- Establish sound working relationships with organizational partners and community leaders
- Collaborate with board treasurer to plan and oversee organization budget
- Demonstrated success in maintaining and growing relationships with donors and partners
- Experience working within Christian faith communities and with the LGBTQ+ community
- Passion for conflict-resolution and bridge-building work
- Experience creating and executing strategic growth goals
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Preference will be given to candidates who have:
- Experience with development of annual funding plans
- Strong public speaker and persuasive communicator skills
- Familiarity with IRS, state, and local filing requirements for nonprofits
- Experience in grant research, writing, submission, and oversight
LOVEboldly offers a flexible work schedule and an exciting opportunity to be a part of reconciliation and healing efforts between the Church and the LGBTQ+ community.
Compensation: $20-$35/hr. commensurate on experience
LOVEboldly is committed to support a diverse and inclusive workplace and provides equal opportunities to all employees and contractors and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.