THE DAYTON FOUNDATION
Part-Time Director of Development - Oakwood Schools Foundation (OSF)
Position Purpose: The purpose of this position is to provide fundraising and development leadership and oversight to the growth and development of the Oakwood Schools Foundation. This includes the annual fund, major giving and planned giving to sustain the mission of the Oakwood Schools Foundation and to fortify its relationship to the mission delivery of the Oakwood City School District (OCSD). This position reports jointly to the board of the Oakwood Schools Foundation and to the Vice President of Development at The Dayton Foundation.
Education and Work Experience
A Bachelor’s Degree is required with preference being in Business or Non-Profit Administration. A minimum of three years of relevant fundraising experience, with preference offered to experience in the field of education. Must be able to interact and communicate with stakeholders at all levels of the organization, both internally and externally. Knowledge and understanding of the data and information required from a CRM (Constituent Relationship Management) software system to lend to the strategic development and success of the fundraising initiatives. Must be a self-starter with motivation to reach established goals. Strong communication skills are required.
Candidates may possess any equivalent combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Builds strategic goals and recommendations to establish a multifaceted strategy to include annual giving, major giving and planned giving
- Develop comprehensive fundraising plan to meet established targets.
- Ensure alignment of OSF’s fundraising targets and efforts with the needs and priorities of the OCSD.
Works in collaboration with a variety of stakeholders to execute each respective fundraising strategy focusing on acquisition, retention and increased gifts year over year.
- Provide research and leadership for donor cultivation.
- Develop, grow, and sustain donor base.
- Create and implement high quality communication plans to support fundraising goals.
- Manage all fundraising programs/campaigns (direct mail; e-solicitations; online giving, special events and social media); maintain up to date donor records.
Manages a portfolio of individuals toward retention and increased giving, including major and planned gifts.
- Utilize database and other technology resources to capture data on current and potential donors; extract and analyze data on prospective donors’ propensity and ability to give; and ensure accurate and thorough tracking of all donor activity, outreach and touch points.
- In coordination with appropriate OCSD, OSF and/or TDF colleagues, maintain ongoing communications with both private and corporate donors, utilizing a high-touch, personal approach with key donors.
- Relative to each major donor, discern when to involve other stakeholders in donor engagement, and serve as a liaison between donors and the appropriate OCSD, OSF or TDF leaders.
- Develop and maintain programs directed toward donor acknowledgment and recognition to ensure all donors are thanked and appropriately acknowledged, publicly and privately.
Works closely with the Oakwood Schools Foundation to successfully execute the fundraising strategy. This includes a key working relationship with the OSF Director as well as the volunteer board.
- Work with, train and coach select staff and board members to effectively work with identified prospects.
In collaboration with the OSF Director, the OCSD Director of Alumni Relations and volunteers, lead and facilitate a strategic and aggressive donor acquisition strategy.
In coordination with the OSF Board and Director, represent OSF at relevant events to effectively communicate with donors and prospects in attendance on matters affecting the schools and community.
Works in collaboration with volunteers and the Foundation team to determine fund distribution as it relates to foundation mission and donor intent.
Knowledge and Skills
- Rich experience of principles, methods and practices of the development profession; knowledge of research techniques and resources in the fields of philanthropy; and proven experience in applying this knowledge to develop and carry out fundraising campaigns
- Demonstrated teamwork and ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritize work assignments to meet timelines
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and change, redirect or reprioritize courses of action as a response to changing circumstances
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong social media skills
- Goal oriented and willing to hold self and others accountable
- Strong public speaking skills
- Ability to work without close supervision; highly motivated and self-directed to complete project goals and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Proficiency in or knowledge of using a variety of computer software applications, as job requires
Send résumé, cover letter, and salary requirements via fax or email to:
LaTonia McCane, Director, Human Resources
The Dayton Foundation
The Dayton Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.