The Licking County Foundation helps people leave a lasting legacy to the community. We are many causes and generous donors with one common desire: to improve the lives of the people in our own backyard. Established nearly 65 years ago, the Foundation has grown to more than $125 million in assets through generations of gifts made by compassionate donors.
Program Associate - Licking County Foundation
The Program Associate will assist the Program Officer with the implementation of the grant and scholarship programs of the Licking County Foundation (LCF). Primary responsibilities are to coordinate, administer, and monitor LCF's responsive and strategic community investments and associated processes. Duties include assisting with all administrative needs, project and research support, grant review, outreach, information monitoring and management, and stakeholder relations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage administrative processes for grant and scholarship programs, and related committees.
- Manage and implement manual and online process for data-entry and data-management of grant and scholarship applications; perform due diligence to determine applicant eligibility.
- Maintain accurate and current grant- and scholarship-related information in the Foundation’s database.
- Review online platforms for accuracy/quality control; troubleshoot and resolve issues with assistance from vendor.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries regarding LCF programs; answer questions and provide technical assistance for grant and scholarship applicants.
- Participate as staff support to the Grant Review Committee; review grant applications, including nonprofit financial statements; make recommendations as part of the committee.
- Assist in the design, collection, and review of nonprofit grant partner reports, and the preparation of summaries of progress and outcomes that can be shared with the LCF Board and other stakeholders.
- Help collect, analyze, and synthesize qualitative and quantitative information related to LCF grantmaking; prepare written and oral reports related to LCF grantmaking.
- Process grant declinations and awards; work with the accounting team to process grant/scholarship payments.
- Assist with reviewing Grants and Scholarships sections of the website; and coordinate with communications team to supply program information/keep current.
- Assist with developing and implementing new grant and scholarship program strategies, as needed.
- Administer travel grants for educators program, in coordination with the Program Officer.
- Work with the Program Officer in administering a youth and community member committee focused on teaching younger generations about philanthropy (time, talents, and treasure).
- Work with the Program Officer in administering the outreach- and impact-related aspects of the scholarship program.
- Carry out special projects, as requested, under the direction of the Program Officer.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Program Officer and Director.
- Attend relevant LCF meetings, including Governing Committee meetings, volunteer and donor appreciation events, grant and scholarship celebration events, and other public meetings.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experiences
Required/essential for success:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Demonstrated attention to details.
- Must be technologically savvy: a quick learner of new software programs; and must have a demonstrated ability using technology as a tool to streamline responsibilities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent spelling/grammar/proofreading skills.
- Personal and professional integrity. Exhibit professionalism in conduct, appearance, and performance.
- Ability to communicate well with diverse constituencies. Work courteously, effectively, and comfortably with a wide range of people, including donors, community leaders, volunteers, nonprofit staff, Foundation staff members, trustees, and visitors to the Foundation.
- A commitment to learning, personal growth, and professional development.
- A commitment to the Foundation’s values and mission.
- Prior work experience, preferably with evidence of progressively responsible administrative experience and/or project management experiences, in a nonprofit setting.
- Familiarity with grant administration or grant writing processes.
- Demonstrated ability to review and interpret nonprofit financial statements.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and self-motivation skills.
- Customer service experience in handling confidential and sensitive customer information.
- Well-developed research skills; the ability to synthesize new information readily.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team structure.
- Excellent judgment, flexibility, good humor, and initiative.
Full-time; salaried; non-exempt position. Annual salary range is $32,000 to $40,000. Salary for this position will be commensurate with the selected candidate’s work experience and qualifications. The Foundation offers a comprehensive benefits package.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit your resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 14, 2021. Please type “Program Associate” in the email subject line. All submissions are confidential.
Licking County Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks a diverse pool of candidates. There shall be no discrimination of persons on the basis of race, age, sex, marital status, disability, citizenship, philosophy/religion, national origin, sexual orientation, political affiliation or belief with regard to hiring, assignment, promotion or other conditions of staff employment.