Job Title: Ohio Justice Bus Program Manager
Status: Full-Time, Exempt Position
Salary: Competitive salary commensurate with experience and a generous benefits package
The Ohio Justice Bus is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Ohio Justice Bus Mission Statement:
The Ohio Justice Bus is a mobile legal aid office and technology hotspot that allows legal aid and pro bono attorneys to travel to and provide legal services to rural Ohioans at no cost to clients. The Ohio Justice Bus also provides a traveling venue for legal rights education and provides technology to address unmet legal needs for Ohioans living in rural or underserved areas. For more information, please visit www.ohiojusticebus.org or www.facebook.com/ohiojusticebus.
The Ohio Justice Bus Program Manager will be responsible for coordinating and connecting with attorneys, bar associations, civil legal service providers, and community organizations to ensure that the program is successfully staffed with pro bono attorneys and that it provides legal services to unserved and underserved populations in Ohio. In addition to collaborating and coordinating with attorneys around the state and supporting the provision of legal services, the Program Manager will drive the Bus, a 24’ Mercedes-Benz Sprinter Van, to the clinics, set up events, and interact with attendees.
The ideal candidate is skilled at working independently and as part of a team; demonstrates professionalism, initiative, and attention to detail; and possesses outstanding written and verbal communication skills. The position reports to the Pro Bono Director.
The starting salary for this position is $48,000, including a generous benefits package, and is negotiable commensurate with experience.
Program Management (60%):
- Create and maintain relationships with community partners, including civil legal service providers, and coordinate with partners on planned legal clinics
- Recruit and confirm attorney volunteers for each clinic
- Manage clinic logistics, including maintaining the Ohio Justice Bus’ schedule and arranging for the attendance of attorneys, law student volunteers, and interpreters/translators as needed
- Review client evaluation forms and suggest program improvements
- Compile data and draft narrative responses for grant applications and reports
- Maintain client records
- Process CLE for pro bono submissions to the Supreme Court of Ohio
Communications/Legal/General Support Duties (40%):
- Maintain, update, and create forms as needed
- Maintain communication channels with volunteers and potential clients, including through email and social media
- Work with Foundation communication staff to create materials to promote the Ohio Justice Bus to potential partners and for planned legal clinics
- Review client intake forms and identify legal issues
- Input information on clients, volunteers, and clinics into a case management system, and maintain other documents and databases used to measure program success
- Drive and maintain the Ohio Justice Bus, including ensuring that the vehicle is fully equipped with necessary supplies before each outing
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, public administration, communications, or another related field
- Paralegal certificate or JD preferred
- 1-2 years of program management experience in a nonprofit setting, with 3-5 years of general nonprofit experience
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Experience working with low-income and vulnerable populations
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or legal case management systems, Microsoft Office, and Adobe
- Bilingual ability preferred (Mandarin Chinese, Somali, Spanish)
- Displays sensitivity and cultural competency
- Detailed oriented and organized with the ability to plan ahead
- Ability to multi-task and manage projects from inception to completion
Interested candidates should submit a resume and a cover letter explaining in detail their interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application deadline is June 30, 2021. The anticipated start date for the position will be in September 2021.
No phone calls, please.