APPLY ON WEBSITE WITH RESUME AND COVER LETTER: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetailsjob=5000&...
The PPGOH Development team is a quickly growing and innovative team, and we are looking for a Senior Director of Donor Engagement who is a highly creative, strategic, organized, and self-directed leader who is responsible for creating and implementing key strategies and initiatives for donor engagement, recognition, and stewardship for both individual and institutional donor portfolios.
This individual must thrive in a fast-pace setting and passionately seek out new opportunities. They will work independently to lead the Donor Engagement team, other PPGOH staff, and volunteers in planning, coordinating, and executing donor engagement activities. The Senior Director of Donor Engagement will work closely with the Vice President for Development on creating the strategic direction and focus for the donor engagement team. They will also collaborate with other senior directors in the Development department to ensure excellent and seamless coordination of the donor engagement efforts for the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Donor engagement leadership:
- Build and lead the strategic vision of all donor engagement work including donor events, communications, and other activities that build and deepen relationships with supporters, boost the Planned Parenthood brand, and contribute to the overall fundraising success of PPGOH
- Directly supervise the Donor Engagement Manager and Donor Communications Manager, setting and measuring challenging objectives, providing feedback, and mentoring team members to deliver their best performance
- Serve as the primary liaison with community and corporate partners, establishing strong relationships to build creative partnerships to increase our local brand awareness and expand our donor base
- Lead in the building of organization-wide fundraising campaigns including identifying prospects, building cases for support and giving level recognition, liaising with a steering committee, and building and hitting campaign goals
- Oversee a full donor communications strategy that is mission-driven and compelling for donors, and work with the Donor Communications Manager and other staff members to oversee the successful creation of all donor communication pieces including donor recognition correspondence, campaign collateral, donor talking points, cases for support, direct mail and digital fundraising pieces, and one-pagers
- Build and track donor engagement goals and hold team responsible for these goals, pivoting when necessary, and fully build and own the donor engagement budget
- Work with the Development Operations team to collaborate on management of database for all donor engagement tracking and analysis
- Assist the Vice President for Development in maintaining a strong team spirit within the department
- Lead the development team in building an events strategy that maximizes fundraising potential and expands our donor base including virtual and (eventually) in-person galas, 5Ks, town halls, leadership giving events, and other creative virtual and in-person events
- Provide strategic oversight to the Donor Engagement Manager in the planning, organizing, and implementation of all aspects of fundraising, engagement, and stewardship virtual and in-person events
- Develop event communication strategies to support event sponsorship activities, awards or recognition, and visibility opportunities in collaboration with external partners and others throughout the year
- Serve as the primary liaison for leadership and host committees for special events and campaigns
- Work with development team to identify and cultivate top prospects for events and support in building a donor journey for these prospects
Engagement and stewardship activities:
- Devise, implement, and manage effective, creative, and often original strategies designed to engage and secure a wide range of key prospects through other engagement activities to meet or exceed departmental goals
- Lead in the building of cultivation and stewardship plans for all donors portfolios, including support for the Circle of Choice leadership giving program, with the aim to consistently acquire new donors and upgrade existing donors
- Work with the Donor Engagement Manager to build community support through:
- Corporate sponsorships
- Creative partnerships
- Influencer engagement
- Develop affinity programs that build performance-based relationships with donors who share similar interests and commitment to contribute to the financial growth of the organization
- Research and recommend adoption of appropriate new products and strategies for donor engagement
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field from accredited college or university; Master’s degree and CFRE certification preferred
- At least eight years of fundraising, events management, community engagement or other-related experience
- At least three years of management/supervisor duties
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, team-building, and external relationship building skills
- Must be able to work independently with the ability to prioritize and lead with minimal supervision
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Ambitious goal setter with the ability to give evidence-based feedback to help others excel
- Informed decision maker who can be flexible in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Strong analysis skills, with the ability to consider options, build and manage plans appropriately; while holding self and team accountable for achieving goals
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid driver’s license and proof of insurance.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Most of the work will be performed in an indoor climate controlled work environment.
Please submit cover letter with salary requirements along with the application.