Pay Range: $47,000- $52,000
Are you looking for a rewarding career fueled by purpose? Do you want our region to be the best it can possibly be? Place and purpose drive our mission, so Greater Cincinnati Foundation (GCF) may be the place for you. As the region’s leading community foundation and one of the most prominent in the nation, we serve an eight-county region of Ohio, Kentucky and Indiana.
We bring together:
- Donors – Supporting causes and organizations that improve our community.
- Nonprofits – Delivering experiences that improve people and place.
- Changemakers – Working to solve our region’s greatest challenges.
Greater Cincinnati Foundation recruits, employs, trains, compensates, promotes and celebrates employees of all races, religions, colors, national origins, sexes, sexual orientations, disabilities, ages, veteran status and all the other characteristics that make individuals unique and extraordinary. At GCF, we have a clear vision: to be an employer of choice where a diverse mix of talented people want to be and can do their best work. GCF exists exclusively to support our community, and we know our organization runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and mission-driven employees.
Our dedication to promote racial and gender equity, diversity, multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in our values, behaviors and strategic initiatives. We are fully focused on racial equity as an organization – it is more than a commitment for us, it is the foundation of what we do. Here are a couple of examples of our leadership in this area:
A message from our Governing Board - www.gcfdn.org/news/5-million-committed-to-racial-justice
A message from our CEO, Ellen Katz - www.gcfdn.org/news/join-us-in-solidarity
GCF is Silver Level certified with Queen City Certified (QCC), which is the first data-informed employer certification and cohort-based leadership program for gender equity in the U.S. workplace.
The Staff Accountant assists the Controller and Accounting Manager on GCF and related entity accounting activities. Primary activities include payroll processing, gift entry, subsidiary organization month end close activities, and preparation of subsidiary organizations’ federal tax returns (Form 990) workpapers and financial audit schedules.
The Staff Accountant works under the direct leadership of the Accounting Manager. The Staff Accountant also works directly with the Director of Talent and Culture on payroll and related tasks. In addition, the Staff Accountant works collaboratively with the Finance Team and GCF staff in other departments to provide accounting support.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform various general accounting duties such as monthly and quarterly journal entries and bank and investment account reconciliations for GCF’s subsidiary organizations (including tracking and accounting for federal grant awards)
- Bi-monthly payroll processing
- Facilitating and tracking benefits invoices
- Enter gifts and grant refunds received into accounting system
- Review accounts payable and assist in the cash disbursements process
- Reconcile grants payable and fixed assets for GCF and subsidiary organizations
- Assist in annual audit and tax preparation for GCF’s subsidiary organizations
- Update policies and procedures and make recommendations to improve internal controls.
- Provide customer service including reports for internal staff
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned
Requirements and Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in accounting or a minimum of four years work experience in an accounting related positions, not-for-profit experience preferred
- Commitment to participating fully in GCF’s internal and external racial equity initiatives, demonstrated by thoughtful action, a results orientation, and continuous learning
- Proficient in current Microsoft Office Suite with an emphasis on Excel
- Ability to complete assignments independently through written guidelines, standards, and procedures provided by management
- Strong analysis and problem-solving abilities
- Strong oral communication and listening skills
- Impeccable follow through and strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team member that can lead significant projects to completion
- Must be flexible to shift to other assignments within GCF when the workload dictates
If interested, please apply on our website at www.gcfdn.org/careers.
Wages are negotiable within the competitive salary range set by GCF. The ranges have been established based on organization, industry and national standards. Desired salary expectations will be discussed during the interview process.
This position summary is not to be considered an exhaustive description of the responsibilities which may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform key responsibilities. Please note that duties and qualification of this and all jobs will change as we evolve our services to our community.
GCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and invite all eligible candidates to apply.