Reports to: Director of Development, Cleveland
Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt (approximately 17.5 hours/week)
Start date: February 4, 2019 - May 17, 2019
Facing History and Ourselves seeks an energetic and enthusiastic part-time Development Assistant, who will work closely with the Cleveland Development team and who will focus on helping the organization with two major fundraising events, one on March 7 and on one May 9. The Development Assistant will help to support the fundraising strategies that will significantly expand the revenue base of the whole organization. In the Cleveland office, the Development Assistant will assist in general development and event support, and database management, including: data entry, report generation. This position reports to the Director of Development and works closely with the Development/Program Assistant. The position is budgeted as a temporary, part-time (50%) at 17.5 hours per week.
- Provide administrative support for development database (Salesforce), including data entry, report generation, and overall maintenance
- One brief trip to our Boston headquarter office for training
- General administrative support for annual Benefit Dinner, including communication with venue and catering, event mailings, data entry, gift processing, and other duties as assigned
- Maintain and ensure accuracy of information in Salesforce
- Maintain attendance lists for Development events; assist with follow-up communications
- Assist Development team with the fundraising processes: collect and research prospect names and track all key information on prospects, solicitations and next steps on major donors in database.
- Provide administrative support for development in the Cleveland office, including word-processing, filing, photocopying, faxing, mailings, etc., as needed.
- Making follow-up calls for events, sponsors, attendees, venues, vendors, etc.
- Event planning experience
- Excellent organization skills, oral and written communication skills, superior attention to detail
- B.A. / B.S. Preferred
- Preference for Monday through Friday work schedule
- Occasional evening and weekend work required
- Excellent computer skills, especially MS Office and Google Suite; familiarity with database management; Salesforce experience preferred
- Interest and experience in fundraising and/or public relations and marketing
- Ability to work individually and as a member of a team; flexibility
- Creative energy, self-starting, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Interest in, and ability to articulate, the mission of this non-profit
Compensation and Benefits:
In addition to meaningful and rewarding work, Facing History provides an excellent compensation and part-time benefits package, paid time off, and a friendly work environment.
Facing History proudly values diversity. We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Applications ONLY accepted online at careers.facinghistory.org. Job posted until filled.