Not necessarily what I think of as beach or light summer reading, here’s what’s on this year’s top 10 list for leisure time reading on the screened porch.
- In the Shadow of Statues, Mitch Landrieu
- State of Resistance, Manuel Pastor
- One Goal, Amy Bass
- Behave, Robert Sapolsky
- Thinking, Fast and Slow, Daniel Kahneman
- Racing to Justice, john a. powell
- Toxic Inequality, Thomas Shapiro
- Race and Upward Mobility, Elda Maria Roman
- Less, Andrew Sean Greer
- The End of Loyalty: The Rise and Fall of Good Jobs in America, Rick Wartzman
Many of the books made the list as recommendations from the 2018 Equity Summit; Less is the latest Pulitzer Prize winner in the fiction category and The End of Loyalty came from John Mullaney, executive director of The Nord Family Foundation.
Claudia Y.W. Herrold
Senior Vice President, Communications & Public Policy, Philanthropy Ohio