Name: Steve Phallen
Title: Chief Financial Officer
Here’s what I can help you with:
- Answer questions about dues
- Accounting – accounts receivable or accounts payable
- Provide tax documents like our 990, audited financials or 501(c) 3 determination letter
- Connect you to our Lawyer on Call or other member benefits
- Clarify our grant requests or reports
What’s the best part of your job?
I like to help our members make an impact on the lives of Ohioans in need.
When did you start work at Philanthropy Ohio?
I started here in February of 2011. This is my first nonprofit job after many years in the private sector.
I have a Bachelor of Science in Management from Purdue University. I worked for a long time in the aviation industry and owned my own technology business for six years.
What do you love about where you live?
I love that our neighborhood is suburban but still within the city.
Favorite brand or flavor of ice cream?
Graeters raspberry chocolate chip
What do you do outside of work?
I do a lot of volunteer work including teaching meditation and I also enjoy miniature wargaming.