The Philanthropy Ohio Education Initiative is a member-driven coalition focused on education policy reform that seeks to enhance student learning opportunities and equity across P-20. Membership in the initiative is open to all Philanthropy Ohio members, with monthly meetings and enews updates. The initiative focuses:
- Building relationships with policymakers, including the Governor’s Office, the General Assembly, external stakeholders and key state agencies;
- Educating funders on current education policy issues in Ohio; and
- Advocating for policies to align Ohio’s education system and improve early childhood, K-12 and higher education systems.
Education Policy Resources
The Ohio Department of Education's (ODE) coronavirus updates for schools include video updates from State Superintendent of Public Instruction Paolo DeMaria. ODE has an interactive map detailing food pick-up sites for students and considerations for students with disabilities and students experiencing homelessness during the school-building closure.
Philanthropy in Higher Education: Priorities and Approaches of Private Foundations
Philanthropy Ohio provided the members of the Senate Education committee with a policy brief on SB 121, legislation which would require the State Board of Education to adopt health education standards.
The Ohio Attainment Goal Steering Committee created the Complete to Compete Ohio campaign to inform policymakers, education, business, philanthropy and community leaders how to close Ohio’s postsecondary educational attainment gap. The goal is for 65 percent of Ohioans ages 25-64 to have a degree, certificate or other postsecondary credential of value in the workforce by 2025.
- An Open Letter to Ohio's Education Policy Leaders
- Early Childhood Education
- Standards and Assessments
- Measures and Accountability
- Teacher/Leader Effectiveness
- School Improvement and Turnaround
- Graduation Requirements
- Post-Secondary Education