Philanthropy Ohio is the leading voice to policy makers on behalf of Ohio philanthropy, working with members to bring the ideas and insights of the philanthropic sector to the table. In addition to being the recognized resource for policy makers, it engages in the public policy arena by:
- keeping members informed about key state and federal policy issues and how they impact organized philanthropy;
- helping members understand their role in statewide and regional issues;
- enhancing the capacity of philanthropic organizations to engage in the policy arena;
- building strong relationships with state and federal policy makers;
- convening policy makers and philanthropy around critical issues; and
- advocating on behalf of philanthropy to elected officials.
Philanthropy Ohio comments on Governor DeWine’s budget proposal (February 5, 2021)
"Philanthropy Ohio thanks Governor DeWine for a budget proposal that makes significant investments in Ohio's families and communities, especially during these challenging times. We appreciate his continued prioritizing of infant and maternal health; housing for pregnant women; provisions to make Ohio homes lead free; expanding broadband access; increasing funding for Student Wellness and Success programs and Ohio College Opportunity Grants,” said Claudia Y.W. Herrold, chief communications and public policy officer at Philanthropy Ohio.
Philanthropy Ohio believes that by prioritizing funding in these areas, the state will not only be making critical investments in Ohio's economic recovery but will also help Ohio’s children and families. There is so much to be done and Philanthropy Ohio and its members look forward to working with Governor DeWine and the General Assembly to assure the adopted budget works for all Ohioans.
Public Policy Resources
- Philanthropy Ohio supports
- Assuring a vibrant democracy
- Individual Charitable Giving
- Census 2020
- Philanthropy Ohio sent letters to
- Read the latest Public Policy Headlines
- Ohio's Congressional Delegation
- Ohio Secretary of State
- Ohio General Assembly
- Ohio Attorney General