The Athens County Foundation is seeking an experienced Executive Director to provide dynamic leadership and direct management, planning and fundraising for the Foundation. The Athens County Foundation, a 40 year-old community foundation that invests in local strategies to empower Athens County residents and build on strengths of our region. It does this by ensuring effective grant making for greatest impact in the community; mobilizing community assets to address local issues by convening and cultivating people and building a structured advancement program and by increasing foundation’s visibility, impact and awareness through community leadership efforts.
The Executive Director is the face of the organization, responsible for leading strategic vision and direction. An excellent candidate is an influential leader and manager with ability to motivate. High-level communication skills and a holistic approach to managing operations are crucial.
The Executive Director’s primary responsibilities include strategic planning and implementation of the Foundation’s initiatives through tactical actions. Responsibilities are carried out in accordance with direction provided by the board of directors and within established guidelines so that the organizational, fundraising, budgetary, community relations and volunteer objectives are met. This position works with the board and the staff to achieve these objectives, as well as providing leadership, vision, and direction to staff and volunteers. The executive director implements the policies, programs and operations of the organization.
- Proven experience as an Executive Director or in other managerial position;
- Experience developing strategies and plans;
- Successful fundraising and networking experience;
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance;
- Knowledge of corporate governance principles, board relations and managerial best practices;
- An analytical mind capable of “out of the box” thinking to solve problems;
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities;
- Excellent communication (oral and written) including, public speaking skill; and a
- Master's Degree in public administration, business or relevant field preferred.
Interested candidates are ask to submit cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cover letter should be responsive to the mission of the Athens County Foundation. Application deadline January 30.