Senior program officer with expertise, network and passion needed to join growing grantmaking team at mission-driven organization
Ascendium Education Group (formerly Great Lakes Higher Education Corporation & Affiliates), the nation’s largest federal student loan guarantor and a leading postsecondary education and workforce training philanthropy, recently unveiled a new funding strategy that builds on the organization’s existing grantmaking approach and expands its focus to new areas.
Ascendium makes grants to researchers, postsecondary institutions and workforce training providers for initiatives aimed at expanding opportunity for learners from low-income backgrounds so they can better achieve postsecondary educational and career success. The organization’s grantmaking focuses on increasing equity for low-income populations, especially those in historically underrepresented groups: first generation students, incarcerated adults, rural community members, students of color and veterans.
We’re looking for an experienced grantmaker to advance our rural education and workforce training focus area. Senior program officers are responsible for leading work in a particular area of team strategy by contributing deep subject matter expertise and designing and leading complex grants and partnerships to advance team goals.
These are the qualifications we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of private foundation or nonprofit experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem solving and coordination skills, with demonstrated ability to manage a diverse and demanding workload
If you're interested in this job opening, please visit our careers website at https://www.ascendiumeducation.org/careers. Select the option to apply online, create your profile and fill out the application for the job opening you are interested in. A fully completed application must be submitted to be considered for this position.
Ascendium Education Group, Inc. (Ascendium) provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. We are strongly committed to this policy and believe in the concept and spirit of the law.
If you would like assistance with the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We invite all applicants to complete the Voluntary Affirmative Action questions when submitting application materials. The questions are found at the end of the online application process. To learn more about our commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity, please visit ascendiumeducation.org/careers.
Ascendium Education Group employees enjoy an outstanding benefit package designed to provide employees and their families with a high degree of security.
Ascendium has contractual obligations that require criminal, employment and education background investigations as a condition of employment.
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
- Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
- The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)